45. figure out new paltz’ collective carbon footprint
Using software provided by ICLEI: Local Governments for Sustainability, map the carbon footprint of the Village, Town, School District and SUNY.
About the Clean Air and Climate Protection (CACP) software:
“CACP 2009 is a new product that replaces the CACP Software, originally released in 2003. CACP 2009 has been updated to support emissions inventorying and climate action planning based on the principles and methods of the Local Government Operations Protocol (LGOP). To learn more about how to use this software, please refer to our FAQs.
CACP 2009 is a one-stop emissions management tool that calculates and tracks emissions and reductions of greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide) and criteria air pollutants (NOx, SOx, carbon monoxide, volatile organic compounds, PM10, PM 2.5) associated with electricity, fuel use, and waste disposal. This tool can help you do the following:
- Create emissions inventories for the community as a whole or for the government’s internal operations.
- Quantify the effect of existing and proposed emissions reduction measures.
- Predict future emissions levels.
- Set reduction targets and track progress towards meeting those goals.”
More links about ICLEI:
- ICLEI: Local Governments for Sustainability
- ICLEI Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Region
- ICLEI’s “Clean Air and Climate Protection” software
- ICLEI’s “Climate and Air Pollution Planning Assistant (CAPPA) tool”