91. create a local currency
Print a local currency on the model of the “Ithaca Hours” as a supplement to employees’ current income. This would keep a small percentage of money continually recirculating within the local economy, helping to shore up local businesses, increase the wages of underpaid local employees and be an additional tourist draw.
- “Greens Back Local Currency”, Times-Herald Record
- “Communities Print Their Own Currency to Keep Cash Flowing”, USA Today
- “Some Communities Are Printing Their Own Currency”, CNN
- “Local Currencies Aren’t Small Change”, Utne Reader
- “Greensboro Group Explores Local Currency”, Greensboro News & Record